The Africa Food Prize is the preeminent award recognizing an outstanding individual or institution that is leading the effort to change the reality of farming in Africa-from a struggle to survive a business that thrives.
To recognize extraordinary women, men and institutions whose outstanding contributions to African agriculture are forging a new era of sustainable food security and economic opportunity that elevates all Africans.
The US $100,000 prize celebrates Africans who are taking control of Africa’s agriculture agenda. It pits a spotlight on bold initiatives and technical innovations that can be replicated across the continent to create a new food security and economic opportunity for all Africans.
✔️Requirements for program participation
- Contribution to reducing poverty and hunger and/or improving food and nutrition security in measurable terms.
- Contribution to providing a vital source of income and/or employment in measurable terms.
- Potential for transformative change through scalability, replication and sustainability.
- Increased awareness and cooperation among African audiences and organizations
- Application deadline : 17 June 2023